How To Update Nexus Device To Android 7.0 Nougat Right Away
Now that Android Nougat has been rolled out to all the compatible devices, however it will hang some days for the over the air (OTA)update notification. The fresh mobile operating system version will work on some of the Nexus devices, Pixel C and General Mobile 4G (Android One). The Nexus devices supported include Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 9 (WiFi and LTE), and Nexus Player.
For the unique reason you get a nexus device, it may be the 100% stock Android experience, however it most likely to get the newest software first. And when Google works on major updates to Android, it will come quickly to the supported Nexus devices first.
At this moment, there is no Factory Images. Only OTA image is available. Or you may attend the Android Beta Programme to get the OTA update on your device.
KingoRoot will show you how to manually update your Nexus.
The supported device is listed below.
- Nexus 6P: NRD90M
- Nexus 5X: NRD90M
- Pixel C: NRD90M
- Nexus 6: Coming soon
- Nexus Player: Coming soon
- Nexus 9 (LTE): Coming soon
- Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi): Coming soon
- General Mobile 4G: Coming soon
The things you need to do before you start is listed below.
- With the device powered on
- USB debugging enabled
- Unlocked bootloader
Unlocking your Nexus' bootloader will factory reset your device, so backup your device first. execute:
adb reboot recovery
Hold Power button and press Volume Up once, and a menu will be shown. Select the option of
Apply update from ADB
Run the following command:
adb sideload ota file.zip
where (ota file.zip) is replaced with the zip file downloaded and verified.
Once the update finishes, you should reboot the phone by choosing:
Reboot the system now
KingoRoot on Windows
KingoRoot Android on Windows has the highest success rate. It supports almost any Android device and version.
KingoRoot for Android
KingoRoot for Android is the most convenient and powerful apk root tool. Root any Android device and version without connecting to PC.
- How to Root Android without Computer (APK ROOT without PC)
- How to Root Android with KingoRoot (PC Version)
- How to root Android 5.0/5.1 (Lollipop) with KingoRoot APK
- How to Root Android 4.4 KitKat (4.4.2 & 4.4.4) with KingoRoot
- How to Root Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with KingoRoot
- How to Root Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with KingoRoot
- How to Root ZTE in One Click with KingoRoot Android
- How to Root Lenovo in One Click with KingoRoot Android
- How to Root Alcatel One Touch with KingoRoot Android
- How to Root Micromax in One Click with KingoRoot Android