How to Install/Flash a Custom ROM on Rooted Android Device
Flashing a custom ROM can give your device more features not included in its default system. Flashing a custom ROM on an Android device is not that difficult as you expect. However the process requires quite a lot of effort.
What is ROM?
The Android ROM is a file that contains executable instructions to run the Android OS. The stock ROM is developed by the manufacturer and shipped in your phone. Since Android is open-source and people can view the code that makes up Android. A custom ROM is the one that modified by people and can offer new features over the standard ones. A new custom ROM can bring you the latest version of Android before your manufacturer. To some extence, flashing a new ROM is like installing a new operating system to your Android.
Maybe flashing a custom ROM is the reason why most Android users choose to root their device.
You can flash the custom ROM step by step
- Make your phone rooted.
- Download the custom ROM
- Flash through the revovery
In order to flash a custom ROM, your phone needs to be rooted. If your device is not rooted you should root your device first with KingoRoot both KingoRoot Android (PC Version) and KingoRoot (APK Version), which offers the easiest and fastest Android rooting experience for almost all devices and has the highest success rate. Just a few steps can get you a rooted Android device in minutes. Before you root please keep in mind that rooting has both advantages and disvantages. Apart from a rooted device you also need a custom recovery to flash a custom ROM in your device.
You can download the ROM on either your Android device or your PC and make sure that the custom ROM is compitable with your device. Due to different regions or networks some devices have many variants, please make sure that you get the right one.
The ROM will be downloaded in zip file and zip it. Copy it on the internal storage on your device and make sure it is under the SD card in order to find the custom ROM zip file easily.
- Turn off your device and restart in recovery mode.
- Before you flash a custom on your phone you should make a full bakcup in case something went wrong when flash the ROM.
- Now navigate to the menu systems to the install section and find the zip file and select it.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to proceed, and then finally confirm that you are ready to flash the ROM. Keep in mind that once you begin you won’t be able to stop it.
It will take some time when you frist flash your phone. However, the flash may fail after you follow the above steps you can choose to repeat the process, or you can revert your device to its previous state with the full backup.
After flash a custom ROM you will find it easy to install the latest and greatest OS version that compatible with your device you want without waiting.
KingoRoot on Windows
KingoRoot Android on Windows has the highest success rate. It supports almost any Android device and version.
KingoRoot for Android
KingoRoot for Android is the most convenient and powerful apk root tool. Root any Android device and version without connecting to PC.
- How to Root Android without Computer (APK ROOT without PC)
- How to Root Android with KingoRoot (PC Version)
- How to Root Android 6.0/6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with KingoRoot APK
- How to Get Root Access on Android 6.0/6.0.1 Marshmallow devices with KingoRoot
- How to root Android 5.0/5.1 (Lollipop) with KingoRoot APK
- How to Root Android 4.4 KitKat (4.4.2 & 4.4.4) with KingoRoot
- How to Root Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with KingoRoot
- How to Root Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with KingoRoot
- How to Root ZTE in One Click with KingoRoot Android
- How to Root Lenovo in One Click with KingoRoot Android