How to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola Moto G5 via KingoRoot
Motorola Moto G5 was released in March 2017. The new released Moto handset has attracted many users. Powered by a removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, the smartphone runs Android 7.0. The phone packs with 16/32 GB internal storage space which can be expanded to 256GB via a microSD card. The phone comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. Although the smartphone has much advantages that can stimulate many users to buy it. But some users still to have their unique smartphone. They may want to make tweaks or modify the system files. A lot of users may want to experience the Android O 8.0 but the manufacturers always need a long time to provide the update.
However, anyone who wants to flash the newest Android version or make tweaks or modify the system file, he or she must unlock the bootloader of the Android. After unlocking the phone, you can make tweaks or root your Android for flashing new Android Version.
Before Unlock Motorola Moto G5
- Device is powered on.
- Battery level should be at least 50%
- USB data cable (the original one is recommended)
How to Unlock Bootloader Motorola Moto G5
Step 1: Backup important data
The unlocking process will sweep of all the data of Android. So it is important to backup your precious data. Backup everything you want to keep, then continue to the next step.
Step 2: Free Download KingoRoot
KingoRoot is the best and easiest root tool for free. Here KingoRoot is not used for rooting but an alternative to Android SDK and USB driver. The KingoRoot includes the Android SDK and will download the LG USB driver automatically once connected to the PC.
- Free download the KingoRoot to the PC.
- Install the KingoRoot.
- Connect the device to the PC via an USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging. If you fail to connect you device to PC, please refer to Device Not Connected.
- Find the icon of KingoRoot and launch it. After launching the KingoRoot, the PC will download the USB driver of your device automatically. Always connect the computer.
- Find the folder of KingoRoot where you install it, double click to open the folder of "Kingo ROOT". Then open the folder of "tools" under the folder of "Kingo ROOT".
- Input the letters "cmd" in the "address bar", and enter.
- The PC will pop-up a Command Prompt window, then run the command:
If it shows a serial number, your device is recognized and you can continue with the process. Otherwise, ensure you’ve performed the above steps correctly.
Step 3: Get an Unlock Key.
- Head to your manufacturer's bootloader unlocking page - Motorola unlocking page, create an account and then log in.
- Run the command:
adb reboot bootloaderin the Command Prompt window. The device will boot into fastboot mode. Always keep the connection.
- Use the Command Prompt window to retrieve your unlock key as described by your manufacturer. Run the command:
fastboot oem get_unlock_data.
- Select the token which is spit out by the Command Prompt window and copy and paste it into the applicable box of the form on your manufacturer's website without any spaces.
- Submit the form and wait for an email with a key or file that you will use in the next step.
Step 4: Unlock your bootloader of your Android device.
Here comes to perform the unlocking process. If you haven't interrupted the connection and your phone still in the fastboot mode ( If your device isn't in the fastboot, then repeat the step 2).
- Run command
fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY, using the Unlock_code.bin file you received from Motorola email.
- Reboot your device by running command
fastboot rebootor using the "Volume" buttons to reboot.
KingoRoot on Windows
KingoRoot Android on Windows has the highest success rate. It supports almost any Android device and version.
KingoRoot for Android
KingoRoot for Android is the most convenient and powerful apk root tool. Root any Android device and version without connecting to PC.
- How to Root Android without Computer (APK ROOT without PC)
- How to Root Android with KingoRoot (PC Version)
- How to root Android 5.0/5.1 (Lollipop) with KingoRoot APK
- How to Root Android 4.4 KitKat (4.4.2 & 4.4.4) with KingoRoot
- How to Root Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with KingoRoot
- How to Root Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with KingoRoot
- How to Root ZTE in One Click with KingoRoot Android
- How to Root Lenovo in One Click with KingoRoot Android
- How to Root Alcatel One Touch with KingoRoot Android
- How to Root Micromax in One Click with KingoRoot Android