How to Install/Get Android 8.0 Oreo on Any Android Devices (ROOT and OTA Updates)
Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Google Nexus and Pixel Devices.
Google finally unveiled the name of Android 8.0 Oreo and released the builds for Pixel Nexus phones. That means the Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus Player, Pixel C, Pixel and Pixel XL are the first devices to get the final version of Android 8.0 Oreo. You may be eager to download the the images to install the Android 8.0 Oreo to your Google devices and enjoy the new features of now Android version. Please refer to: How to Install/Flash Android 8.0 Oreo on your Nexus and Pixel Device.
Install Android 8.0 on Smartphones Officially using OTA update.
Android 8.0 Oreo is smarter, faster, more powerful and sweeter that ever. If you don't have a Google smartphone, you may wait for your brand manufacture to provide the update for your smartphone. First you may want to know whether your smartphone will receive the updates. Check for updates: Android 8.0 Oreo |Features and Updates for Android Smartphones and Tablets.. For these officially update via OTA you may need to wait some months. The you can check your device for update.
- Go to Device's Settings;
- About Phone > System Update;
- Check for Update. The update should start downloading. The device will automatically flash and reboot into the New Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Enjoy the wonderful Android 8.0 Oreo for its new features and powerful functions.
Install Android 8.0 On Android Devices via Rooting
For those deivces will not receive the OTA updates like Samsung Galaxy S6 you may need to turn to custom ROMs like Lineage OS to manually install the Android 8.0 Oreo.
Steps for Install Android 8.0 Oreo
- Download the proper ROM for your model of device.
- Root your Android with KingoRoot
- Install/Flash the Android 8.0 ROM
Make sure that the custom ROM is compitable with your device. List of Available LineageOS 15 ROM based on Android Oreo ROMs for all devices.
To flash the Oreo ROM, first you need to root your Android devices. KingoRoot provide both KingoRoot on Windows (PC Version) and KingoRoot APK root tool, which offers the easiest and best rooting experience for your Android. Rooting tutorial please refer to: How to Root Android without Computer (APK ROOT without PC).
Since your Android devcie has been rooted, now you need to flash through the recovery. In case you need to restore factory settings when installing the custom ROM, it's wise to also install a custom recovery tool. The best ones TWRP Recovery.
- Boot into Recovery by holding Vol Down + Power for 5 seconds.
- Go ahead and select "Install"
- Select the downloaded Oreo ROM from SD card file and proceed to flash the zip
- After the install is complete, back and clear your cache.
Once you have finished installing the custom ROM, you are available to enjoy the new features and new function of Android 8.0 Oreo without buying a Google Pixel or Nexus.
KingoRoot on Windows
KingoRoot Android on Windows has the highest success rate. It supports almost any Android device and version.
KingoRoot for Android
KingoRoot for Android is the most convenient and powerful apk root tool. Root any Android device and version without connecting to PC.
- How to Root Android without Computer (APK ROOT without PC)
- How to Root Android with KingoRoot (PC Version)
- How to Root Android 6.0/6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with KingoRoot APK
- How to Get Root Access on Android 6.0/6.0.1 Marshmallow devices with KingoRoot
- How to root Android 5.0/5.1 (Lollipop) with KingoRoot APK
- How to Root Android 4.4 KitKat (4.4.2 & 4.4.4) with KingoRoot
- How to Root Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with KingoRoot
- How to Root Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with KingoRoot
- How to Root ZTE in One Click with KingoRoot Android
- How to Root Lenovo in One Click with KingoRoot Android