How to Use ROM Manager to Flash Custom ROMs after Rooting via KingoRoot
What is Custom ROM?
When we buy a phone it always ships with a veirsion of operationg system. And the operating system that comes with your phone is called stock ROM. And custom Rom is the opposiete of stock ROM and it's a totally standalone version of the operating system.
Why we need to flash Custom ROMs?
- Upgarding to a better version of Android OS
- Improve the performance and efficiency
- Frequently update
The reason why most android users flash a custom ROMs to their phone is that they want to get a better version of Android OS prior to the official version or the version of their phone's OS may never be released officially in this situation they may find the better version for their device by flashing a custom ROM.
Since there is no useless garbage and the kernel is optimized by the developer the custom ROMs are often faster and more efficient.
After flashing a custom ROM there will be more frequent updates in order to fix bugs and introduce new features.
After you make clear of the custom ROMs you can flash a custom ROM by using ROM Manager APP. ROM Manager is used to flash custom ROMs without losing the phone's functionality. This app makes it easy to change the ROMs and experience the new version of android through the simple interface provided.
How to flash a custom ROM via ROM Manager
- Root your phone first via KingoRoot
- How to flash a custom ROM on your device via ROM Manager
Before flash a custom ROMs via the app a rooted device is needed. If your phone has not rooted yet I highly recommend you have a try on KingoROOT which has two versions: KingoRoot Android (PC Version) and KingoRoot (APK Version) and offers the easiest and fastest Android rooting experience for almost all devices and has the highest success rate.
- Install ROM Manager
- Back up
Search ROM Manager from the Google Play Store and download it to your phone. There are three parts used most on the menu: RECOVERY, ROM MANAGEMENT and BACKUP AND RESTORE. You can backup and restore as well as flash new ROMs in one interface.
If you want to fully backup your device we recommend you try Nandroid Backup which is also used on rooted device. Before backup we need to install a Recovery Image Specific to your phone.
- Tap Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Confirm your autodetected phone model.
- Wait until it downloads to your device.
This recovery image contains a boot loader which will replace your original boot loader. The boot loader allows your device to run Nandroid backup, restore commands outside of the OS and install ROMs. Since the OS cannot back itself up fully while running, ROM Manager will reboot into this boot loader to perform Nandroid operations.
You can backup just by clicking the "Backup Current ROM" and your phone will restart and the full backup will be restored onto your SD card. After the backup is done you can find the backup files on your SD card in the clockworkmod/backup/SOMEDATETIME directory.
Before you find the custom ROMs you should use your phone model to find your wanted Android version on Google. You should be aware that each ROM will be based on a specific Android version.
Download the ROM image which is usually a zip archive and just copy it (but not unzip the .zip file ) into the root folder of your SD card.
The process of installing new firmwares or low-level system softwares in general is called flashing.
- Open the ROM Manager and click "Install ROM from SD Card"
- The ROM you download in Step 3 will show up here. If it does not show please make sure whether it is installed in the root folder of the SD card.
- Tap on the ROM there will be a popup menu which has two options: Backup Existing ROM(if you have not backed up you should do here) and Wipe Data and Cache (Please note: this wipes the internal memory but not the SD card data ) if you do not upgrade from the stock ROM you should do this.
- Just follw the rest tips and the new ROM will be installed.
The process will take you 5-10 minutes to install everything and will take another 10~20 minutes during the first boot. So do it in your spare time. After all these done you will find your phone run in a new ROM.
ROM Manager is a must-have app for the Android users. If you are looking one app to flash a new Custom ROM the app is worthy to have a try.
KingoRoot on Windows
KingoRoot Android on Windows has the highest success rate. It supports almost any Android device and version.
KingoRoot for Android
KingoRoot for Android is the most convenient and powerful apk root tool. Root any Android device and version without connecting to PC.
- Successfully Get Root Access On Android 10 (Google Pixle 3 XL) With Magisk
- How to Root Android without Computer (APK ROOT without PC)
- How to Root Android with KingoRoot (PC Version)
- Best Top 5 Root Tools to Safely Gain Root Access for Your Android Devices
- How to Root Your Android 10.0 with Kingoroot root APK and PC root
- How to Root Your Android 5G with Kingoroot root APK and PC root
- How to Root Android 9.0 Pie with Kingoroot Both root APK and PC root Software
- How to Root Android 8.0/8.1 Oreo with KingoRoot APK and Root Software
- How to Root Huawei Packed with EMUI 8 and EMUI 9 or Higher with Magisk
- How to Root Samsung running Android 9.0 Pie with Magisk