How to Unlock Huawei G8 Bootloader?
Huawei G8 is an awesome high-end smartphone, however only by rooting it you can get the true potential. That is the main reason why most users root their devices. If you want to root your Huawei G8 the first thing you need to do is to unlock blootloader of this device. Next we will bring you the tutorial about how to unlock bootloader of Huawei G8.
- Make a full backup of the important data beecause the process may wipe your data.
- Download the unlocking tools and extract the Zip file to a new folder named Huawei G8.
- You will find execute UniversalAdbDriverSetup6.msi file in the Huawei G8 folder which will install ADB on your computer.
- Enable developer options on your device in Settings > About Phone and tap 7-10 times.
- Enable OEM Unlock on your phone in Settings > Developer Options > Active OEM Unlock.
After the preparations are made you can proceed to the next procedure.
Obtain the unlock code
Unlike other phone manufactures Huawei has permited the users to unlock the bootloaders of their devices and you do not need the third-party software to help you. All you need to do is to obtain the unlock code from their website and use it to unlock the bootloader. Next you will find out how to find the unlock code.
- If you have no Huawei ID please visit Huawei's Official Website and register one. If you have one just login.
- After log in there will an Unlocking Agreement, which will show you all the risks of unlocking your phone's bootloader. Accept the agreement and check the checkbox in the bottom. Click the "Next" button.
- Enter the model number of your device. You can find it in the Settings > About Phone.
- Then enter the serial number which can also be found from Settings > About Phone > Status.
- Next you have to enter the IMEI number of your device. You can get it in the Settings > About Phone > Status > IMEI.
- Finally enter the product ID of your phone. Navigate to your phone dialer, type *#*#1357946#*#* and the product ID will be shown on the screen.
- After submit the details and you will get an unlock code.
After you obtain the unlock code you can move to the steps to unlock bootloader of Huawei G8.
Unlock Huawei G8 bootloader
- Turn off your device, connect it to your computer via USB cable and hold the Volume down and power button simultaneously for some time. Your phone will boot in fastboot mode and you will see PHONE LOCKED and FRP Unlock messages on screen.
- Find the Huawei G8 folder you named during the preparations and launch a command prompt.
- Enter the command fastboot oem unlock YOUR_UNLOCK_CODE on the command prompt.
- If the bootloader is unlocked successfully, there will be a success message. Then you can disconnect your device and use it.
Important This method and the unlocking tools are only suitable for Huawei G8. Please do not use this tutorial to unlock bootloader of other Huawei devices.
KingoRoot on Windows
KingoRoot Android on Windows has the highest success rate. It supports almost any Android device and version.
KingoRoot for Android
KingoRoot for Android is the most convenient and powerful apk root tool. Root any Android device and version without connecting to PC.
- Successfully Get Root Access On Android 10 (Google Pixle 3 XL) With Magisk
- How to Root Android without Computer (APK ROOT without PC)
- How to Root Android with KingoRoot (PC Version)
- Best Top 5 Root Tools to Safely Gain Root Access for Your Android Devices
- How to Root Your Android 10.0 with Kingoroot root APK and PC root
- How to Root Your Android 5G with Kingoroot root APK and PC root
- How to Root Android 9.0 Pie with Kingoroot Both root APK and PC root Software
- How to Root Android 8.0/8.1 Oreo with KingoRoot APK and Root Software
- How to Root Huawei Packed with EMUI 8 and EMUI 9 or Higher with Magisk
- How to Root Samsung running Android 9.0 Pie with Magisk