How to Unlock the Bootloader on Xperia XZ via KingoRoot
Users who own an Android phone can't stop from tewaking, customizing, optimizing the internal system and OS or rooting. All these tweaks enable users to make their phone perfect and unique. Before any tweaks and tricks, you need to unlock the bootloader of your Android first.
Sony Xperia XZ was released in October. Powered by a non-removable Li-Ion 2900 mAh battery, the smartphone runs Android v6.0.1 that can be ungraded to v7.0 (Nougat). The smartphone packs with 32/64GB of internal storage space that can be extended to 256 GB. Sony users who want to customize their phones must unlock the bootloader of Sony.
The bootloader is program that starts whenever a device is powered on to activate the right operating system. The bootloader determines when to run Android or when to enter recovery mode, which is an independent runtime environment Android devices. However, the bootloader are always locked on an Android device because the manufacturers want you to stick to their products. After unlocking the bootloader, you can flash a custom ROM or root your Sony Xperia XZ.
Before Unlocking the Bootloader of Sony Xperia XZ
- Device is powered on.
- Battery level should be at least 50%
- USB data cable (the original one is recommended)
How to Unlock the Bootloader on Sony Xperia XZ
Step 1: Backup Important Data
The unlocking process will sweep of all the data of Android. So it is important to backup your precious data. Backup everything you want to keep, then continue to the next step.
Step 2: Get an Unlock Key.
- Head to your manufacturer's bootloader unlocking page - Sony unlocking page, select your device.
- In your device, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service men.
- Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then continue. If not, your device can't be unlock.
- Take down the IMEI on the device, then contitue.
- Enter a valid email adress to proceed the unlock task. You will receive a email with a unique link. Click the link to proceed.
- Enter the IMEI you have taken down. You will get the unlock code on the page.
Step 3: Free Download KingoRoot
KingoRoot is the best and easiest root tool for free. Here KingoRoot is not used for rooting but an alternative to Android SDK and USB driver. The KingoRoot includes the Android SDK and will download the LG USB driver automatically once connected to the PC.
- Free download the KingoRoot to the PC.
- Install the KingoRoot.
- Connect the device to the PC via an USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging. If you fail to connect you device to PC, please refer to Device Not Connected.
- Find the icon of KingoRoot and launch it. After launching the KingoRoot, the PC will download the USB driver of your device automatically. Always connect the computer.
- Find the folder of KingoRoot where you install it, double click to open the folder of "Kingo ROOT". Then open the folder of "tools" under the folder of "Kingo ROOT".
- Input the letters "cmd" in the "address bar", and enter.
- The PC will pop-up a Command Prompt window, then run the command:
- Run the command:
adb reboot bootloaderin the Command Prompt window. The device will boot into fastboot mode. Always keep the connection.
If it shows a serial number, your device is recognized and you can continue with the process. Otherwise, ensure you’ve performed the above steps correctly.
Step 4: Unlock your bootloader of your Android device.
Here comes to perform the unlocking process.
fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock DBBA2D6C6E6ED340in DOS command window. “DBBA2D6C6E6ED340” is the bootloader unlock code you received in Step 2.
- Reboot your device by running command
fastboot rebootor using the "Volume" buttons to reboot.
KingoRoot on Windows
KingoRoot Android on Windows has the highest success rate. It supports almost any Android device and version.
KingoRoot for Android
KingoRoot for Android is the most convenient and powerful apk root tool. Root any Android device and version without connecting to PC.
- How to Root Android without Computer (APK ROOT without PC)
- How to Root Android with KingoRoot (PC Version)
- How to Root Android 6.0/6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with KingoRoot APK
- How to Get Root Access on Android 6.0/6.0.1 Marshmallow devices with KingoRoot
- How to root Android 5.0/5.1 (Lollipop) with KingoRoot APK
- How to Root Android 4.4 KitKat (4.4.2 & 4.4.4) with KingoRoot
- How to Root Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with KingoRoot
- How to Root Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with KingoRoot
- How to Root ZTE in One Click with KingoRoot Android
- How to Root Lenovo in One Click with KingoRoot Android