Android 8.0 Oreo | Features and Updates for Android Smartphones and Tablets
Android 8.0 Oreo opens wonders. It is smarter, faster, more powerful and sweeter that ever. We know Android 7.0 Nougat was released in August 2016, and we are welcoming the Android 8.0 Oreo after a year later. Android 8.0 Oreo's presentation is during the total solar eclipse on August 21, 2017 in New York.
Google I/O 2017, the Google's annual developer conference has announced that Android O is definitedly getting tons of new features and fun stuff. Even we still don't know some features of Android 8.0 Oreo, but other show up immediately on the surface.
Features of Android 8.0 Oreo
Sufrace Features: Emoji, Notifications and Smarter Text
- Text selection. Copy and paste in Android 8.0 will get easier and smarter. The Android smartphone will reconize when you are trying to copy the adrrss, url, or numbers using machine learning. It will select the whole ones instead of just one word.
- Emojis. Google has redesigned every emoji in Android 8.0 Oreo and added all the latest ones. Android 8.0 transform all "blob" smileys into a more common circle shape. The Oreo supports for Emoji 5.0 including 69 new emojis and the UN Flag from Emoji 4.0. In that, this brings the number of new emojis for Android 8.0 to 70, plus skin tones for the human emojis.
- Notifications. Google also brings changes to notification channels and dots. The notifications in Android 8.0 allows you to disbale all future notification from some certain apps. Swipe a notification to one side a little, you may see two icons: one for Settings and another for Snooze. Small cicles will appear on top of apps icons when you have unread notifications, and long pressing them will give you a preview of the notification.
Core Features: Battery-Saving, Earlier Updates, Faster Reboots
- Battery-saving. Android Battery is always one of the most concerns for users. To better the battery life, Google has limited the background activities including implicit broadcasts, background services and location updates in Android Oreo which can greatly save the battery life.
- Earilier Updates.
- Earilier Updates. Android Oreo will get a vendor interface. This means that Android will be more modular so that manufacturers can use the vendor interface to access the implementations from internal component vendors.
- Fast Reboots. Google has optimized the system of Android 8.0 which will cut device restart time in half and dramatically improve app fperformance.
More features about Android O you may want to view, please link to Android O (8.0) | Top Ten New Features Android Users May Like. As Android 8.0 Oreo has become smarter and faster, you may want to know whether your Android smartphone can update to Android 8.0 and when to update this system.
Android 8.0 Oreo Updates for Android Phones and tablets Using OTA updates
- Google Nexus 5X
- Google Nexus 6P
- Nexus Player
- Google Pixel C
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
- HuaWei Mate 9 (Testing Developer Preview)
- HuaWei Mate 10 (Maybe on board)
- Samsung Galaxy S8/Plus (Maybe January/February 2018)
- Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge (Maybe January/February 2018)
- LG G5 (Maybe October/November 2017)
- LG V10 (Maybe October/November 2017)
- Sony Xperia X (Maybe November/December 2017)
- Sony Xperia XA (Maybe November/December 2017)
- OnePlus 3 (Planned, by end of 2017)
- OnePlus 3T (Planned, by end of 2017)
- Nokia 3 (Planned)
- Nokia 5 (Planned)
- Nokia 6 (Planned)
- Zenfone 3 (Planned, second half of 2018)
- Zenfone 4 (Planned, second half of 2018)
- HTC U11 (Planned)
- HTC U Ultra (Planned)
- HTC 10 (Planned)
Check that whether your smartphone will reveive the Android O update. If can't, you can look for other ways to install the Android 8.0 Oreo for your smartphone or tablet.
KingoRoot on Windows
KingoRoot Android on Windows has the highest success rate. It supports almost any Android device and version.
KingoRoot for Android
KingoRoot for Android is the most convenient and powerful apk root tool. Root any Android device and version without connecting to PC.
- How to Root Android without Computer (APK ROOT without PC)
- How to Root Android with KingoRoot (PC Version)
- How to Root Android 6.0/6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with KingoRoot APK
- How to Get Root Access on Android 6.0/6.0.1 Marshmallow devices with KingoRoot
- How to root Android 5.0/5.1 (Lollipop) with KingoRoot APK
- How to Root Android 4.4 KitKat (4.4.2 & 4.4.4) with KingoRoot
- How to Root Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with KingoRoot
- How to Root Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with KingoRoot
- How to Root ZTE in One Click with KingoRoot Android
- How to Root Lenovo in One Click with KingoRoot Android