How to Root Unlock BootLoader on LG G5 via KingoRoot
If you are a newbie of Android hacking and rooting, then there are many terms that might bamboozle you and might end you up with quitting the idea of rooting altogether. Bootloader is one of them. You may have watched and read many tutorials but still be confused of it. What is a bootloader? Why you’d like to unlock it? and how to unlock?
About the Smartphone of LG G5
LG G5 was released in Apirl 2016. Powered by a removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, this smartphone runs Android v6.0.1. And this phone packs with 32GB of internal storage space that can be extended to 256GB via a microSD card. However, unlocking your Android phone’s bootloader is the first step to rooting and flashing custom ROMs of the LG G5.
What is a Bootloader of LG5?
Bootloader is code that is executed before any Operating System starts to run. Every Android phone has a bootloader that instructs the operating system kernel to boot normally. Every manufacturer has their own version of bootloader specific for the hardware present in it's environment including LG.
Before Unlocking the Bootloader of LG G5
- Device is powered on.
- Battery level should be at least 50%
- USB data cable (the original one is recommended)
How to Unlock the Bootloader on LG G5
Step 1: Backup important data
The unlocking process will sweep of all the data of Android. So it is important to backup your precious data. Backup everything you want to keep, then continue to the next step.
Step 2: Free Download KingoRoot
KingoRoot is the best and easiest root tool for free. Here KingoRoot is not used for rooting but an alternative to Android SDK and USB driver. The KingoRoot includes the Android SDK and will download the LG USB driver automatically once connected to the PC.
- Free download the KingoRoot to the PC.
- Install the KingoRoot.
- Connect the device to the PC via an USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging. If you fail to connect you device to PC, please refer to Device Not Connected.
- Find the icon of KingoRoot and launch it. After launching the KingoRoot, the PC will download the USB driver of your device automatically. Always connect the computer.
- Find the folder of KingoRoot where you install it, double click to open the folder of "Kingo ROOT". Then open the folder of "tools" under the folder of "Kingo ROOT".
- Input the letters "cmd" in the "address bar", and enter.
- The PC will pop-up a Command Prompt window, then run the command:
If it shows a serial number, your device is recognized and you can continue with the process. Otherwise, ensure you’ve performed the above steps correctly.
Step 3: Get an Unlock Key.
- Head to your manufacturer's bootloader unlocking page - LG unlocking page, create an account and then log in.
- Run the command:
adb reboot bootloaderin the Command Prompt window. The device will boot into fastboot mode. Always keep the connection.
- Use the Command Prompt window to retrieve your unlock key as described by LG :
fastboot oem device-id.
- Select the token which is spit out by the Command Prompt window and copy and paste it into the applicable box of the form on your manufacturer's website without any spaces. An example:
- Submit the form and wait for an email with a key or file that you will use in the next step.
Example Device ID (PC User)$ fastboot oem device-id
Step 4: Unlock your bootloader of your Android device.
Here comes to perform the unlocking process. If you haven't interrupted the connection and your phone still in the fastboot mode ( If your device isn't in the fastboot, then repeat the step 2 or just hold the "Volume Down" and "Power" button for 10 seconds before releasing in order to make the device being in the fastboot mode.
fastboot flash unlock unlock.binin DOS command window. “unlock.bin” is the bootloader unlock key you received in the email.
- Reboot your device by running command
fastboot rebootor using the "Volume" buttons to reboot.
KingoRoot on Windows
KingoRoot Android on Windows has the highest success rate. It supports almost any Android device and version.
KingoRoot for Android
KingoRoot for Android is the most convenient and powerful apk root tool. Root any Android device and version without connecting to PC.
- Successfully Get Root Access On Android 10 (Google Pixle 3 XL) With Magisk
- How to Root Android without Computer (APK ROOT without PC)
- How to Root Android with KingoRoot (PC Version)
- Best Top 5 Root Tools to Safely Gain Root Access for Your Android Devices
- How to Root Your Android 10.0 with Kingoroot root APK and PC root
- How to Root Your Android 5G with Kingoroot root APK and PC root
- How to Root Android 9.0 Pie with Kingoroot Both root APK and PC root Software
- How to Root Android 8.0/8.1 Oreo with KingoRoot APK and Root Software
- How to Root Huawei Packed with EMUI 8 and EMUI 9 or Higher with Magisk
- How to Root Samsung running Android 9.0 Pie with Magisk