How to Unlock the Bootloader on HTC Desire 650 with KingoRoot
About HTC Desire 650
HTC Desire 650 was released in December 2016. Powered by a non-removable Li-Ion 2200 mAh battery, the smartphone runs Android v6.0. The smartphone packs with 16 internal storage space that can be extended to 256 GB. The new released smartphone has a large touchscreen display of 5.0 inches. The HTC Desire 650 packs a 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 8-megapixel front shooter for selfies. The released handset has attracted a lot of users to buy it.
What is Bootloader
Bootloader, at its most basic level, the storage on your Android smartphone is like a hard drive, made of up several partitions. One of those partitions holds the Android system files, another holds all the app data you accumulate (which is how you're usually able to update without losing all your stuff), and others to do more behind-the scenes stuff.
Why Unlock the Bootloader of HTC
Users who own an Android device can't stop from tweaking, changing the system files, flashing a custom ROM or rooting the Android. Many users want to experience new Android version Google released but the need to wait for a long time because the manfacturers will take a long time to provide update. Rooting can break all he limitations of an Android. After rooting, you can do whatever you can do with your Android device.
Before Unlock HTC Desire 650
- Device is powered on.
- Battery level should be at least 50%
- USB data cable (the original one is recommended)
How to Unlock the Bootloader on HTC Desire 650
Step 1: Backup Important data
The unlocking process will sweep of all the data of Android. So it is important to backup your precious data. Backup everything you want to keep, then continue to the next step.
Step 2: Free Download KingoRoot
KingoRoot is the best and easiest root tool for free. Here KingoRoot is not used for rooting but an alternative to Android SDK and USB driver. The KingoRoot includes the Android SDK and will download the HTC USB driver automatically once connected to the PC.
- Free download the KingoRoot to the PC.
- Install the KingoRoot.
- Connect the device to the PC via an USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging. If you fail to connect you device to PC, please refer to Device Not Connected.
- Find the icon of KingoRoot and launch it. After launching the KingoRoot, the PC will download the USB driver of your device automatically. Always connect the computer.
- Find the folder of KingoRoot where you install it, double click to open the folder of "Kingo ROOT". Then open the folder of "tools" under the folder of "Kingo ROOT".
- Input the letters "cmd" in the "address bar", and enter.
- The PC will pop-up a Command Prompt window, then run the command:
If it shows a serial number, your device is recognized and you can continue with the process. Otherwise, ensure you’ve performed the above steps correctly.
Step 3: Get an Unlock Key.
- Head to your manufacturer's bootloader unlocking page - HTC unlocking page, create an account and then log in.
- Run the command:
adb reboot bootloaderin the Command Prompt window. The device will boot into fastboot mode. Always keep the connection.
- Use the Command Prompt window to retrieve your unlock key as described by your manufacturer. Run the command:
fastboot oem get_identifier_token.
- Select the token which is spit out by the Command Prompt window and copy and paste it into the applicable box of the form on your manufacturer's website without any spaces.
- Submit the form and wait for an email with a key or file that you will use in the next step.
Step 4: Unlock your Bootloader of Your Android Device.
Here comes to perform the unlocking process. If you haven't interrupted the connection and your phone still in the fastboot mode ( If your device isn't in the fastboot, then repeat the step 2).
- Run command
fastboot oem unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin, using the Unlock_code.bin file you received from HTC email.
- Reboot your device by running command
fastboot rebootor using the "Volume" buttons to reboot.
KingoRoot on Windows
KingoRoot Android on Windows has the highest success rate. It supports almost any Android device and version.
KingoRoot for Android
KingoRoot for Android is the most convenient and powerful apk root tool. Root any Android device and version without connecting to PC.
- How to Root Android without Computer (APK ROOT without PC)
- How to Root Android with KingoRoot (PC Version)
- How to root Android 5.0/5.1 (Lollipop) with KingoRoot APK
- How to Root Android 4.4 KitKat (4.4.2 & 4.4.4) with KingoRoot
- How to Root Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with KingoRoot
- How to Root Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with KingoRoot
- How to Root ZTE in One Click with KingoRoot Android
- How to Root Lenovo in One Click with KingoRoot Android
- How to Root Alcatel One Touch with KingoRoot Android
- How to Root Micromax in One Click with KingoRoot Android